Karma is a term we hear used a lot, but still remains an abstract concept to most of us.
There is a lot of confusing and incorrect information on this topic. For example, many people believe it is about punishment and reward when in fact it more more simply based on cause and effect.
If you want your causes to have positive and beneficial effects, then you need to take a look at your actions and the intentions behind these actions, so that they yield the positive results you want.
Karma is the law of cause and effect – an unbreakable law of the cosmos. Your actions create your future. The reason your fate is never sealed is because you have free will. Therefore your future cannot already be written. That would not be fair. Life gives you chances. This is one of them. – The Tree of Awakening
Let’s take a look at some laws of Karma that can change your life.
1. THE GREAT LAW: “AS YOU SOW, SO SHALL YOU REAP.”
To put this in simple terms, all our thoughts and actions have consequences, whether good or bad.
If we desire peace, harmony, love, prosperity etc, then we must act accordingly.
2. THE LAW OF CREATION: “WHAT WE DESIRE COMES THROUGH PARTICIPATION.”
The life we experience has been created by people’s intentions. Our intentions determine the evolution of creation. What we surround ourselves with has a profound influence on us, so we must take full responsibility for surrounding ourselves with what is conducive to our desires.
3. THE LAW OF HUMILITY: “REFUSAL TO ACCEPT WHAT IS WILL STILL BE WHAT IS.”
In order to change the outcome of a situation we must fully accept our present circumstances first.
There is no good or bad, it simply is what it is.
4. THE LAW OF GROWTH: “OUR OWN GROWTH IS ABOVE ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.”
As much as we like to believe we have control over others people or situations, the only thing we truly have control over is ourselves.
Our actions determine the positive or negative outcomes around us, so true change can only occur if we commit to change what is in our heart.
5. THE LAW OF RESPONSIBILITY: “OUR LIVES ARE OF OUR OWN DOING, NOTHING ELSE.”
When we face turbulence in our lives, there is often turbulence internally.
To change our lives for the better we must take responsibility to work on ourselves and how we are thinking.
6. THE LAW OF CONNECTION: “EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE IS CONNECTED, BOTH LARGE AND SMALL.”
Every action we take has a rippling effect on everything around us, as well as on our own future.
By paying attention to this we can start to see that even the smallest of words or actions can have dramatic effects on our lives and the lives of those around us.
7. THE LAW OF FOCUS: “ONE CANNOT DIRECT ATTENTION BEYOND A SINGLE TASK.”
To get the best results from any given task we must give it our full attention. Freeing ourselves from negative thoughts and distractions allows us to reach our true potential and grow wiser from our experiences.
8. THE LAW OF HOSPITALITY AND GIVING: “DEMONSTRATING OUR SELFLESSNESS SHOWS TRUE INTENTIONS.”
Selflessness is a virtue and we must learn to put it into action. It is virtually impossible to grow spiritually if we can’t develop a selfless nature.
9. THE LAW OF CHANGE: “HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF UNLESS CHANGED.”
Our present becomes our history in the blink of an eye, and history will be doomed to repeat itself unless we consciously commit to changing our thought patterns and actions.
10. THE LAW OF HERE AND NOW: “THE PRESENT IS ALL WE HAVE.”
Looking back to the past in regret or forward to the future anxiously only robs you of the present, and the abundance of opportunities that exist within the present. Only in the present can we take action to advance ourselves to where we want to be.
11. THE LAW OF PATIENCE AND REWARD: “NOTHING OF VALUE IS CREATED WITHOUT A PATIENT MINDSET.”
Our biggest rewards are received through patience and persistence. Anything which comes too easily has little reward value.
By carrying out the right actions and immersing ourselves in the process, the well earned rewards will come in due course.
12. THE LAW OF SIGNIFICANCE AND INSPIRATION: “THE BEST REWARD IS ONE THAT CONTRIBUTES TO THE WHOLE.”
The intentions and motives behind what we are aiming for determine whether the reward really carries any weight. If what we achieve is for the greater good then we will experience a higher level satisfaction.
For more thoughts and perspective on the laws of Karma, check out the video below.