If you have an old trampoline lying around that nobody uses any more, you might just love this idea to upgrade it so it can serve a new purpose – you can turn it into a swinging chair!
This works with trampolines of all kinds and sizes and can be carried out easily, even if you don’t have much experience with this kind of thing.
Ken Wingard, OWN’s Home Made Simple designer provides us with some simple instructions.
1. First you need to remove the legs from the trampoline. All you need to work with is the circular frame, mat and springs.
2. Next, use pool noodles to pad the metal frame.
3. Then cover it with some nice fabric. You can use spray glue to secure the fabric in place.
4. Wrap ropes with high-tensile strength around the frame and loop the rope, hanging the swing from every angle, leaving enough space for the opening.
5. Hang your swing from a tree, pergola, or make your own frame.
6. Decorate it with pillows, cushions and blankets.
That’s it – simple!
If you are looking to make a bigger swing you may wish to use chain instead of rope to hang it. Make you you hang it high enough off the ground and use a strong framework.
The video below will show you the process in detail.